Camera time! In the 4-H photography project you will learn to use cameras, lighting, and other photography equipment to get great shots. You’ll learn to review and evaluate photos for quality and appearance. You will learn about techniques in editing and developing photographs for display, competition, or personal enjoyment.
You can attend state-wide photography workshops throughout the year. Workshops may cover topics such as photography careers or features hands on photography practice while taking photos of animals and horsemanship activities.
You’ll learn how to:
- Take photos using a tripod
- Utilize different lighting
- Take photos of people, locations, and animals
- Use shutter speeds
- Tell a story with your photos
2021 McLennan County 4-H Photography Contest
- Entries will open on Monday, February 1, 2021 and close on Friday, March 5, 2021 at 4:30PM.
- All entries need to be emailed to Dana Gerick at firstname.lastname@example.org and CC Karly West-Strickland at email@example.com
- There will be a $5 late entry fee for all entries received after 4:30PM on Friday, March 5th. Late entries will close on Monday, March 8, 2021.
- Please be sure to review the county letter that is posted below. There are some updates to the rules along with a new category!
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Karly West-Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 254.757.5180.
- Photography Guide Explore Book
- 4-H Guide to Digital Photography (Available on Amazon)
- Click It! Photography Project Activity – Beginner | Intermediate | Advanced
- Controlling the Image
- Digital Photography for Teens (Available on Amazon)
- National 4H Curriculum: Basic, Next Level and Mastering Photography
- Focus on Travel Photography
- Mastering Photography
- Materials: Blick Art Materials | Hobby Lobby | Walmart
- Photo Editing: GIMP