Like to shop? Well make it educational and learn how to buy the best products for your situation! Join our CDM team!
CDM Workshop is January 16th at 6pm!
Entries for District Competition DUE April 3rd!
Contest is on April 15th in Cleburne!
District 8 Information:
8:00 – 8:30 am – Agents Arrive & Committee Set-up
8:30 – 9:00 am – Contestant Registration
9:00 – 9:30 am – Contestant Orientation
1:00 pm – Approximate Time of Awards Presentation
- $10 per contestant
- Payable through 4-H Connect*
- *Please check with your county Extension office to determine how this will be handled within your county.
- Demonstrate skill in making decisions based on facts
- Apply knowledge and experience in consumer education by analyzing consumer situations
- Experience making choices among selected marketplace options
- Develop and strengthen reasoning ability in consumer skills
- Demonstrate their ability to organize thoughts and express them orally in a clear, confident manner
Rules & Guidelines and Resources
District 8 4-H Rules & Guidelines PDF
Sample Scan Sheet & Instructions
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide
2020-2021 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide – Category Descriptions
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Presenting Oral Reasons
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Worksheet
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Placing & Scoring Classes
Check out the Texas 4-H Consumer Education website for more resources!
Possible Categories/Classes from the Study Guide
- Athletic Shoes
- Active Wear
- Handsfree Bluetooth Car Kits
- Wireless Portable Speakers
- Outdoor Equipment
- Outdoor Backpacks
Classes to be Judged at District 8 Contest
|Outdoor Equipment||Outdoor Equipment|
|Wireless Portable Speakers||Wireless Portable Speakers|
|Athletic Shoes||Athletic Shoes|
Intermediates – 1 set
Seniors – 2 sets
Specific reasons classes will be announced the morning of the contest.
Seniors will judge ALL seven (7) classes, and THEN will talk their two (2) sets of reasons following judging.