- 2015-2016 Validation and Livestock Show Entry Deadlines
- McLennan County Go-Texan Committee Livestock Show will be held on Saturday, October 24, at the Clifton Fairgrounds in Clifton, Texas. Entry fee is 420 per head for all species; cash or check day of the show. There will be no late fees. See attached flyer for more entry form and more information. If you have any questions, call Charles Prause at 254-495-4630.
McLennan County Go-Texan Livestock Show Information and Entry Form
- County Show Broiler Orders are due by October 1. Send order form along with payment (checks made payable to Riesel FFA) to Kevin Wuderlich, Riesel High School, 600 E. Frederick Street, Riesel, TX 76682.
2016 County Show Broiler Order Form
County Show Broiler Division Rules and Regulations
- Lamb and Goat County and State Validation will be held on October 27 and 29 from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the Extraco Events Center. State validations will begin at 3:00 p.m. and run until 6:00 p.m. County validations will not begin until 4:00 p.m. on each of these dates and will run until 6:00 p.m.
- Heifer Validation will be held on October 20 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Herzog’s place in Robinson. For directions or more information, e-mail Erich Schatte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holiday Classic will be held on November 7 and 8 at the Bell County Expo in Belton, Texas. The clinic and show is open to all interested youth in 4-H and FFA. Concession stands will be available and there will be a free Saturday evening meal. Youth must attend Saturday clinics to participate in Sunday showmanship and prospect shows. See attached flyer for more information. Contact the McLennan County Extension Office at 254-757-5180 if you have any questions.
Holiday Classic Clinic and Prospect Show – November 7-8
- County Hog Validation Tag Orders are due to Erich Schatte by 5:00 p.m. on October 30. Call the Extension office at 254-757-5180 if you have any questions.
- McLennan County Junior Livestock Show and Youth Fair will be held February 9-12 at the Extraco Events Center. All entries are due by December 10. for more information, call the Extension Office at 254-757-5180.
- McLennan County 4-H Livestock Coalition Shaving Fundraiser – The McLennan County 4-H Livestock Coalition will be selling pelleted shavings for $5 a bag and flake shavings for $7.50 a bag. Both are 40 pound bags. Orders will be taken until October 15. Payment must be made with order. Pick-up date will be first part of November. For more information, contact Erich Schatte at 254-757-5180 or email@example.com. See attached flyer for more information.
Shavings Fundraiser Information
- Crawford FFA Livestock Show will be held on October 31.
- Coryell County 4-H TJLA Sanctioned Jackpot Show and Showmanship will be held on December 12 at the Gatesville Civic Center. Entries postmarked by November 1 will be entered for a chance to win a Yeti cooler. See attached flyer for more information. If you have any questions, call the Coryell County Extension Office at 254-865-2414.
Coryell 4-H Christmas Classic Flyer and Entry Form
- Heart of Texas Fair and Rodeo – October 8-17, 2015
- State Fair of Texas – September 25-October 18, 2015
- McLennan County Junior Livestock Show – February 9-12, 2016
- Ft. Worth Stock Show – January 15 – February 6, 2016
- San Antonio Livestock Show – February 11- 28, 2016
- San Angelo Livestock Show – February 5-21, 2016
- Rodeo Austin – March 12-26, 2016
- Houston Livestock Show – March 1-March 20, 2016