- 2015 Horse Validation will be open on 4-H Connect from March 1 through May 1. Cost is $10 per horse from March 1 – April 15 and $20 per horse from April 16 – May 1. All horses must be validated or re-validated with payment each year to be eligible to show at District and State 4-H Horse Shows. Please see the following instructions for more information. If you have any questions, call Erich Schatte at 254-757-5180.
Horse Validation Instructions
- MCJLS Turkey Orders are due by May 15 to Kevin Wunderlich, Riesel High School, 600 E. Frederick Street, Riesel, TX 76682. Order form is attached. Call Erich at 254-757-5180 if you have any questions.
2016 MCJLS Turkey Order Form
- Texas A&M University Livestock Judging Camps and Coaches Clinic – Livestock Camp 1 will be held on June 12-14 and Camp 2 will be held June 15-17. Camp fee is $300 which includes meals, lodging, literature, and t-shirt. Registration is due by May 1. Participants must be ages 11-18. A Coaches Clinic will be held June 18-19. Clinic fee is $200 and includes meals and literature (lodging is not included). Registration is due by June 7. See attached flyer for registration details. Call the Extension Office at 254-757-5180 for more information.
Livestock Judging Camps
- State 4-H Horse Show will be held July 18-25. Schedule and guidelines are attached.
2015 Texas 4-H Horse Show Rules and Regulations
2015 State Horse Show Schedule
- Comanche County 4-H Horse Camp
- Heart of Texas Fair and Rodeo – October 2-11, 2014
- State Fair of Texas – September 26-October 19, 2014
- McLennan County Junior Livestock Show – February 2-6, 2015
- Ft. Worth Stock Show – January 16 – February 7, 2015
- San Antonio Livestock Show – February 12- March 1, 2015
- San Angelo Livestock Show – February 13-March 1, 2015
- Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo – March 14-28, 2015
- Houston Livestock Show – March 3-March 22, 2015