- AgriLife Book StoreAggie Horticulture
- McLennan County Master Gardeners
- Lunch Programs with the Master Gardeners
- Master Wellness Volunteer Training
- Payday and Auto Title Lending Update and Training – April 7
- Week of the Young Child Child Care Conference – April 9
- Three Easy Bites – April 21, 28 and May 5
- Caregiver’s Conference – April 22
- Vegetable Gardening Workshop – April 25
- Spring Forage Workshop – April 26
- Master Gardener Plant Sale – May 14
Welcome to McLennan County!
McLennan County has a very diverse population with rapidly changing demographics. While agricultural production and marketing remain a major contributor to the region’s economy, industrial development along the Interstate 35 corridor is making a significant contribution to economic stability and growth. Societal and family stability issues have also become increasingly important as our population changes. Research shows that young people who participate in organized youth clubs are 85 percent less likely to end up in jail. For over 90 years, the 4-H program of the the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service has been helping youth reach positive goals. Food safety, healthy living principles, child safety, and pressures on families remain critical programming areas of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in McLennan County.
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offers programs and information in Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H, Agricultural, and Natural Resources. The programs and activities conducted in McLennan County represent the efforts of trained volunteers who expand and extend the efforts of the five Extension professionals. The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, in partnership with federal, state, and county government is uniquely suited to deliver research-based educational programs to meet the expressed needs and emerging issues of the citizens. If you would like more information about the services that are offered through the AgriLife Extension Service, contact our office at 254-757-5180, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.